As childcare professionals, we recognise that choosing a nursery for your child is one of the most important and possibly most difficult decisions you may make. To help in your decision making we have listed some suggestions of what to ask and look for when visiting a nursery.
Please contact us if you have any questions about one of our Bertram Nurseries, we would love to chat with you about your childcare requirements.
What to ask or look out for when choosing a nursery:
- What are the opening hours?
- What is the staff turnover like?
- Where will my child sleep?
- What food and drink is provided?
- How do you promote good manners and positive behaviour?
- Is the nursery a partner provider?
- How will I know my child is progressing?
- Do you hold parents evenings?
- Are staff friendly and sitting at the children’s level?
- Are there plenty of examples of children’s work displayed?
- Are the resources well maintained?
- What is the staff turnover?
- Are nursery staff qualified?
- Is the nursery located near to transport links, or does it have a carpark?